The Chicago Bar Association, the Chicago Public Library and the Evanston Public Library are offering a free, virtual information series to answer your legal questions and provide practical resources and insights into today’s most prevalent legal issues.
Each Law at the Library program features a presentation by an experienced attorney, followed by a brief question and answer session. All events are free, open to the public, and conducted via Zoom. Registration is required. To register or for additional information, visit the Chicago Public Library site or the Evanston Public Library site.
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. — Employment Issues And COVID-19: What You Need To Kno
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. — How To Find A Lawyer When You Can't Afford One
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. — Changes to Tax Law: Know Before You File!
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. — Raise your score: Steps for cleaning up your credit
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. — Tips on Buying and Selling a House
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. — Planning Ahead: Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. — How to Start a Business
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. — Landlord and Tenant Issues
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. — LGBTQIA+ the Law